oes your website have a great design and good content, but poor performance? Do you feel like there must be something more you can do to improve engagement with your site and increase conversions?
If so, it may be worth looking at the use of icons on your site.
Icons have always been present in user interfaces. They exist in maps, video games, computer software, user manuals, and many other mediums. Icons are images that are a representation of something. They convey a message to the user on their own, without explanation. Recently, icons have also played a big role on the web. They make content more engaging and eye-catching, as well as easier to understand. Many icons have become so familiar that they are universally recognized across multiple types of user interfaces.
Why should you look at the use of icons on your website? Here are just a few of the benefits that icons can bring:
- Users can understand what your site is about at a glance
- Icons draw attention to key features of your site, which results in faster conversions and increased sales
- Usability is improved, ensuring that customers don’t get confused
- Content looks more aesthetically pleasing and is easier to digest, resulting in clearer communication and a better user experience
- Use of universally recognized icons encourage an easy to follow workflow, which means customers want to use your website more frequently
If you find that your website has all the content it needs, but is still struggling to engage your customers and provide them with a pleasant experience, then we can help. Our Creative team can review your site with you and make positive suggestions which will improve the performance of your site.